Thursday, August 25, 2011

Steve Jobs resigns from Apple CEO


iCloud, OS X Lion, iPhone iPad 5 and 3, some Apple products are currently waiting for more people. Some may have been concentrating on winning the Apple in a Dutch court yesterday, but this morning Apple announced the unexpected resignation from the position of CEO Steve Jobs officially.

Too bad Steve Jobs decision was made, but honestly I still want the iPhone 5 introduced directly by Steve as he had done before. There are several things that could be a reason for Steve to step down, is probably the most health problems as we know in advance if Steve ever had pancreatic cancer.


Steve's decision to withdraw does not necessarily make it left Apple after Steve will hold this position as chairman of Apple while he has appointed Tim Cook who previously served as COO to replace him. Apple can not be denied as it is now rapidly developing into a fantastic innovations like iPod, iPhone, iTunes, MacBook, etc. thanks to the cold hand of Steve Jobs, Steve Jobs pullback could be a big loss for Apple. "Steve's extraordinary vision and leadership saved Apple and guided it to its position as the world's most innovative and Valuable technology company".

Here are the contents of the letter of resignation Steve Jobs:

I have always said if there ever came a day when I could no longer meet my duties and expectations as Apple's CEO, I would be the first to let you know. Unfortunately, that day has come.

I hereby resign as CEO of Apple. I would like to serve, if the Board sees fit, as Chairman of the Board, director and Apple employee.

As far as my successor goes, I strongly recommend that we execute our succession plan and name Tim Cook as CEO of Apple.

I believe Apple's brightest and most innovative days are ahead of it. And I look forward to watching and contributing to its success in a new role.

I have made some of the best friends of my life at Apple, and I thank you all for the many years of being able to work alongside you.

Steve

No comments:

Post a Comment